Unless you have been living under a rock, you’ll know that perky butts are all the rage right now. Which has left many people wondering, can you do great butt exercises at home?
But first, why the craze? Ever since the Kardashian’s popped up Instagram influencers have gone belfies (butt selfies) mad. Making a shapely behind an essential accessory:
But what is one to do if they have not been blessed with great genetics or wealthy siblings?
Can I Do Glute Exercises At Home?
Yes, you can! And luckily, there is a way to get a great butt, no surgery or Instagram filters required:
All it takes is a little bit of work, but don’t let that scare you off. After all, what great masterpiece hasn’t been the result of a little hard work?
Fortunately for you, these three top butt exercises at home are all you need to create that perfect, perky butt that is so sought after. Combine these moves with your normal workout routine, and you will be taking your very own belfies in no time!
Donkey Kick (with pulse):
- For this move you will need a resistance band and workout bench. You will start in a tabletop position on top of the bench with your hands underneath your shoulders, and your knees directly under your hips. Loop your resistance band underneath your bench until it is even on both sides.
- Next, place your right foot through the handle of your loop, flexing your foot so the band stays in place. While in tabletop position, bring your right knee (foot still flexed) to your right tricep. From here, kick your right leg back directly behind you, pulsing for three counts. Bring your leg back to the starting position and repeat for your desired amount of reps. Repeat on your left leg.
- Start in the tabletop position on top of your bench with your right foot looped through your resistance band. Drop down to your left elbow, then bring your right knee up to your right shoulder.
- Press your leg out away from you, keeping your foot flexed. From here, pulse your leg up for two counts then return to the starting position.
- Repeat move for one minute on both legs.
- Begin this move by sitting on the edge of your bench, and looping both feet through either side of your resistance band.
- Lie back while lifting your legs straight up towards the sky. Lift your shoulder blades slightly up off the ground with your hands behind your head for support.
- Keeping your feet flexed, bend your knees about half way down towards your butt, then extend your legs straight up to starting position. Hold for three counts before repeating the move for your desired amount of reps.
Let us know what you think of these butt exercises at home on WellSquad’s Facebook page now.